About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

revelation

I told you a while ago that I'm planning on reading the Bible through this year.

So far I've read Genesis and Exodus and am pushing my way through Leviticus.

You know what always gets to me every time I read the Bible?

It's real. I mean, I believe it's real and I know it's real, but every time I read something and really start thinking about it I have this that actually happened feeling.

Like the plagues of Egypt. The water turned into blood. I mean, can you imagine?

The thing about growing up hearing Bible stories is that they become simply that: stories. I take it for granted that Moses parted the sea and Noah survived a flood of the entire earth. And Adam and Eve walked and talked with God.

Can you picture what it would have been like to live so long ago? I can't even fathom.

It's so amazing to me that even though I've read the Bible before and know the facts I can find something new and exciting every single time I pick it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment