About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

rough couple of days

I've been so tired the past couple of days. I have no idea why. Last night I went to bed around 9:40 and was still tired when I finally forced myself to get up at 7:40. It was horrible. I think I need some caffeine. It's too bad I don't really like coffee all that well. I only like it if it doesn't taste like coffee. Maybe some diet pepsi vanilla will do the trick. I need something, that's for sure.

Last night I went up to Hackensack to rent some movies (at Darren's request we're watching all the Terminator movies before the new one comes out) and found out the movie rental store was closed on Mondays. I was so angry for wasting my time doing that. But I was more angry because I was planning on making that ham and twice-baked potatoes but had to postpone it because I wouldn't have time due to the whole movie-run. So now we still don't have the movies we wanted to see and I still have to make ham and twice-baked potatoes. Oh well. We watched Grey's Anatomy last night. We're just starting season one and we both really like it so far. I've heard from several people that it's really good and it will be fun to see something we've never seen before.

I keep injuring myself while exercising, so that's not good. My hip flexor keeps hurting like crazy after my 50 minute cardio party workout. (That's the muscle that contracts in your hip when you lift your leg to kick.) I was wondering if part of it might be my two pairs of workout shoes since they're five and three years old, respectively, and the arch support is shot. They make my feet hurt every time and I thought it had something to do with my leg until my mom said this morning she remembers me complaining about my leg hurting last summer. So ugh, it's probably some permanent recurring injury, like my shoulder is. I'm pretty sure it's just the insane amout of kicking that causes it because it never hurts during my other cardio workout, and there's way less kicking in that.

Darren went running yesterday morning so I'm hoping we can start running some in the evenings now. I'm considering running the 5K this summer in PR and I need to start working up to it because there's no way I can just up and run 3 miles right now. Maybe 2, if I run slow and am lucky. I can count on one hand the number of times I've run 3 miles all at once, so that's not promising. I'm not much of a runner. Definitely prefer the elliptical or workout videos.

Okay, I feel like I've rambled enough and I'm so tired that it probably doesn't make much sense. Time to find that caffeine...

No comments:

Post a Comment