About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Friday, May 22, 2009

welcome to summer

Summer is officially here. The cabin is getting opened up by my mother and sister as I type this, and Darren and I are spending the night there tonight after an evening out on the boat fishing. I love the cabin. It's always so peaceful and relaxing. The lake it's on isn't very big so there aren't usually a lot of boaters. It's almost always quiet. This weekend it will probably be a little louder, with Memorial Day and all.

I really hope Darren doesn't have any fire watch this weekend. He said last night that if they called and asked him to work he would. I'm so tired of stupid fire watch. At least he can't do it on Sunday because his sister is graduating. I would just like one weekend of us spending time together. He's been doing fire watch or at drill or shooting bow every weekend for about the last month. Ugh.

Oh, in other great news, Darren decided (again) that he wants to be a conservation officer. So now after he finishes his 2 1/2 years for forestry in the cities he's going back to school for ANOTHER two years to get a law enforcement degree. I don't have high expectations that this plan will last for too long. In fact, it will probably change about 4 times over the next 2 1/2 years, based on past experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment