About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Decision

I've decided to take the CPA exam.

(Feel free to refresh your memory of the CPA exam here.)

I know, I know. I swore I would never do it.

But those OSA people, they're pushy.

Nice, but pushy. The CPA is highly recommended. And I've heard rumors they ask how far along employees are in the "process." I think that's a very apt term. It really is less like a test and more like a process. Everyone at OSA is taking it. And when I say everyone, I don't mean everyone, but I mean a lot. Clearly.

Plus, I really, really, really want to say, "Um, yeah, I'm a CPA."

Because wouldn't that be, like, so cool?

Also, and probably the most convincing factor, the section called Financial Accounting and Reporting is going International next year.

Which quadruples the amount of knowledge one would need to know to pass.

And I don't want to do that. So I'm thinking I'll be taking that one first, probably in April or May when the next testing section opens. Which means I probably should register in February. Ugh.

Wish me luck; I'm going to need it.


Also, if you don't hear from me for the next year, no worries. I'll either be sitting at home with my head in a book or dead from exhaustion.

No comments:

Post a Comment