About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Why I Love...

My alarm clock.

Four years ago in my sophomore year of college I went up to Duluth to visit my good friend and former roommate Alli.

She was also in my wedding, for those of you who were there.

We had a lot of fun hanging out, eating, and watching movies.


I know you're wondering what this has to do with an alarm clock. Just hold your horses; I'll get there.


Alli and I love Target. Always have, always will. We once went to Target three times in one day. I'm almost sure it wasn't a day we had classes, but you can never be too certain.

Well that weekend, as was tradition, we went to Target. I saw this alarm clock and fell in love. It is the most amazing alarm clock in the entire world.

It doesn't buzz. It plays a melody. For real. And it has, get this, FOUR alarm settings. Two in its regular mode, and two in weekend mode. You can believe me I took advantage of that. As someone who is obsessive about things like being on time, I usually set my alarms five minutes apart in the morning, just to make sure I don't sleep in too long. Well, what a pain it was to change it for weekends all the time.

Anyway, so my clock was awesome and all that.

And I loved it and all that.

And I got married and all that.

And my husband stole my alarm clock.

He STOLE it.

So for the past year I've been using this rickety thing that just won't give up the ghost so I can get a new one.

It's way old school, with the red digital numbers and the annoying BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, WILL YOU SHUT UP ALREADY?!

You understand, I'm sure.


And then, last week, wonder of wonders, my husband bought me a new alarm clock. And not just any new alarm clock. He bought me the exact same one he stole from me.

Life is good again.



Update 5:27 p.m.

So this morning I didn't set two alarms; I only set one.

I bet you can see where this is going.

I set my alarm for 5:45 pm instead of am. Fortunately Darren had his set for 6:30 so I had enough time to actually put on clothes and makeup before I left for work. No shower though.

I just thought it was sort of ironic.

No comments:

Post a Comment