About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

dye job

I dye my hair.

I've dyed my hair ever since--on a whim--I had one of my roommates dye it freshman year.

I was wild and crazy, what can I say.

I used to be blonde. It didn't look so great.




Definitely look pretty washed out.

My sister...now my sister can pull off blonde. It looks good on her.

Anyway, so I dye my hair now. I just dyed it this week and it turned out okay.

I accidentally bought semi-permanent dye. I hate it when I do that. Two reasons:


One. It doesn't last as long. Duh.

Two. My hair has to be wet to apply it. If you've ever dyed your own hair you know how difficult it can be. Now imagine dying wet hair. Heaven only knows how many spots I missed because I couldn't tell what was dye and what was wet.


The plus side of semi-permanent is that it doesn't have the horrible stench of permanent. I've actually had to leave the room because my eyes have been watering from the fumes. It isn't pretty.





This picture is from Thanksgiving 2008. I'm pretty sure it's the best my hair has ever looked. I love that color. Too bad I can't remember what it was. So I keep on goin' on, if you know what I'm saying.

I just have a hard time justifying spending a ton of money to get my hair dyed professionally, especially since I do it about every two or three months. I don't devote much time or money to my hair, I'm afraid. That's probably why I don't like it, I suppose. I should invest more in it.

My sister has awesome hair. It's so thick. On Christmas she wanted me to play with it for a while and I was so jealous of her hair you wouldn't even believe it. My hair is so fine it just always looks flat and stringy. Plus it needs a trim: I'm going on five months now. I love getting my hair cut. Love it, love it, love it. I also used to like head lice checks in elementary school. There's just something about another person running their hands through my hair...

Was that too much information? Come on, you know you enjoyed lice checks, too.

But I always had some strange fear I would have lice.

What's up with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment