About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Here's To The Heroes

Darren and I are going to Florida on Monday.

I'm so freaking excited.

I'd be more excited if it weren't freezing down there. But still.

However, to add to my excitement, Darren discovered free tickets for military members and their immediate family. Yay!

Anheuser-Busch has a promotion called "Here's to the Heroes" that allows a current military member and up to three dependents to get into SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, or Sesame Place parks for FREE. Parks included are SeaWorld Orlando, San Diego, or San Antonio; Busch Gardens Tampa Bay or Williamsburg; Sesame Place; Water Country USA; and Adventure Island.


For more information go here.




We will probably end up doing Busch Gardens for free. We're doing Discovery Cove at SeaWorld Orlando and with that comes free admission to the park, so we're already covered there.



If you plan on hitting Orlando this year you should look into this. I saw this last fall and got all excited about free tickets, but since it started on January 1st of this year we didn't have time to do it. If you donate a day of service to a participating organization Disney will give you a ticket to Disneyland or Disney World. Unfortunately it seems somewhat time-consuming. You have to preregister, actually serve your volunteer hours, and then wait for everything to be approved. So, like I said, we didn't have enough time for all of that in the 10 days between the start of the program and when we leave.

Darren and I have both been to Orlando with our families when we were younger, but we're both really looking forward to this trip together. I just hope it warms up!

No comments:

Post a Comment