About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Nothing too exciting going on lately. Last night and Monday night Darren watched the Twins while I cleaned, exercised, and made a list of books I'm hoping to sell to this company in Chicago or something. But more about that another time. Tonight we're going to Brainerd to get some groceries, stop at Target, and take new pictures for my passport. Passport replacements are spendy...ugh. Speaking of spendy...the head gasket in Darren's truck is broken, and that's why it's overheating all the time. We took it to Houston Ford and they told us there's about a million other things wrong with it they'd be happy to fix for about $3500. Um, no thanks. That's almost as much as he paid for that thing! So we're going to take it to Ben because he's way more reasonable and I think we're only going to fix the things that absolutely need fixing. But MAJOR bummer. The head gasket alone will still be over $1000, and that HAS to be fixed. So Darren was really crabby about it all last night. Stinking auto mechanics charging an arm and a leg...

This weekend the whole fam is coming up for Easter so that will be mucho beuno. (I don't really know any Spanish...maybe I should say tres bien??) Plus my mom has a week at Causeway in Nisswa so we'll be having some pool fun with all the cousins this weekend. I'm excited for it. We're doing Easter dinner with my grandparents/family and then supper with Darren's grandparents/family. (I should say lunch and supper, because Darren vehemently informed me the other day that lunch can only be called "lunch" and dinner/supper were synonomous.) Going to be SOOO much chocolate this weekend...so much for losing weight. Which reminds me, I'm supposed to have my wednesday weight loss post...okay, after this one.

My birthday is on Monday and Darren said he's really excited about the gift he got for me, so it must be something good. :) I can't wait to open it. I love surprises. Plus I don't know what my mom is getting me either. Yay. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment