About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

wednesday weight loss

So in lieu of my 8 week countdown to Grand Cayman recording my weight loss, I decided to just have a regular (non-countdown) weight loss post every Wednesday for two reasons: One, I'm not going to Grand Cayman anymore, and two, hopefully this will continue to motivate me.

So I gained about two pounds in Grand Cayman. Not the most I've ever gained on a vacation, so I was happy. (Carnival cruise 2005: SEVEN pounds...it was all-inclusive. Ironically, this was right after I had lost a bunch of weight in high school...probably about 15 pounds, and I was so depressed about it I never recovered. I kept gaining weight until sophomore year when I finally started losing it again--35 pounds, yay!--which leads me to today.) Anyway, so now I'm back up there where I was at the end of last summer, which stinks. But in my experience vacation weight goes off pretty quickly if you attack it fast, which will be difficult with Easter and my birthday. If there's one thing I've learned the hard way it's to not let a small weight gain stop you from losing weight (see above cruise story). I should take my own advice: I still haven't lost my Christmas weight. I'm currently up about five pounds since the end of the school semester in December, so that means I need to lose 10 pounds to get to my long-held goal...seriously, it's been my goal for officially two years now since March 2007 was the beginning of the weight loss. And I've been SOOOO close. Dang you, last five pounds...

No comments:

Post a Comment