About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Monday, April 27, 2009

the weekend and cooking

Okay, I know I just changed my blog background again, but that crazy colorful one was getting to me. I thought I could handle it...nope, too much color. I really, really had to stop myself from putting up a patriotic one (I'm saving it for summer) so I found this simple black and white one instead. Gotta love classic black and white...it's my fave, for sure.

Darren was gone most of the weekend for drill. I spent almost all of it on my butt on the couch watching movies and Alias. It was fun. Oh, I also made this really delicious focaccia bread. It was so good. I highly recommend it. I used the dough cycle on my bread machine and then popped it in the oven when that was done, but I'm pretty sure it can be made totally by hand, too. I think next time I'll put on a little more garlic salt; there didn't seem to be quite enough. And I didn't have fresh rosemary so I used squished up rosemary leaves. Don't ask me what the difference is... Anyway, Darren got home yesterday around noon or so and we went and saw 17 Again with his parents and sister. I really wanted to see it and I wasn't disappointed. It was cute and pretty funny. Afterwards we went to his parent's for dinner and his sister's bday party. We had a good time and came home and crashed on the bed. It was hard to get up at 6 this morning...well, actually the alarm went off at 5 stinking 45 because Darren was going to get up early. He let the alarm snooze until 6 and I finally gave up on sleep. It was worth it though, because I got the bathroom cleaned before work this morning. I should have cleaned on my lunch break, too, but I was feeling so accomplished I sat and watched an episode of Alias.

We're having burgers for dinner tonight with leftover baked beans and suddenly salad. Sometime this week I hope to have Darren's parents and sister over to have shish-kebobs and Tina's amazing twice-baked potatoes and broccoli salad (thanks for those recipes Tina!). Can't wait to see how they turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment