About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

wednesday weight loss

Oh man oh man. I think Easter and my birthday just about did me in. It's just to depressing to talk about my weight right now, so I'm going to take a pass on this week. Ugh.

So my fancy new phone can create a post on here. I just tried it but it didn't work out too well. There was a character limit so my post ended up being three posts...not quite what I had in mind. I can also post via my new gmail account (the new phone FORCED me to get one...I don't think it will even work without it...but that's Google for you) so maybe I'll try that next. The internet is finally working on it, after three calls to TMobile. It's a lot of fun. Darren was using it last night to read up about tapping trees. He was really excited to do that this year but it's not working out well. He thinks he started too late because he hardly gets any sap. So probably not maple syrup this year.

Today is my payday, fortunately. We need to build up our savings again after we spent a lot of money in Grand Cayman. Darren gets paid on Friday, so that's good too, although I think it's going to be a wimpy one since it's over when we were gone. I've been trying to be really good about keeping a budget so we can see where we spend our money. (It's not that restrictive kind of budget, more like a tracking type of budget...probably shouldn't even call it a budget.) Darren makes fun of me, of course, but I think it's really helpful.

Darren is on fire watch today and then batting practice after that so he won't be home until pretty late. That's okay because I need to workout anyway...I told myself the workouts would be bumped up to every morning and every possible evening until I lose all this Christmas/Grand Cayman/Easter/birthday weight. I've gained about 7 pounds since fall semester ended so that's not good--3 at Christmas, 2 on the trip, and 2 over the last weekend (isn't that HORRIBLE??!). It's amazing how just a couple pounds here and there can add up to 7 pounds. I wasn't too worried about Christmas, and I saw the Grand Cayman weight gain coming, but Easter just threw me for a loop. So it's time to get back on track. Anyway, this wasn't supposed to be a weight post so I'm going to move on to something else.

I've been using ApartmentFinder.com and Rent.com to search for some apartments. Darren and I are heading down tomorrow night and then we'll look at some on Friday. He also has to meet with his professor at the U to get some of his classes lined up. Hopefully that won't take long because we have a lot of apartments to check out and we want to come home Friday night. I really hope we find something tomorrow. Darren is so worried about living in a "safe" neighborhood so then everything is more expensive with less space. I just want to have room for things, but he doesn't seem to worried about that. There are a couple I think look promising, but we won't know until we go and check them out. Probably the one I like the least on paper will be the one I like the most in person. You never know... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment