About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Strange

At the gym I go to there are handicapped parking places right by the door. This is normal.

What isn't normal is that people actually park in them. I mean, it's the gym.

Now I do not mean to imply that handicapped people cannot or should not use the gym, nor do I mean any offense towards the handicapped, but this is strange. Let me tell you what I saw.

The other day after I put in a solid sweat-fest on the elliptical I saw a woman walking to her minivan, which was parked in a handicapped spot. She did not have a wheelchair; she did not have a cane. She walked herself down the sidewalk and to the driver's side of her van.

I had seen this woman on the treadmill ealier. Contradiction? I think so.

I had a confusing moment where I kind of stopped and stared at her. I hope she didn't notice.

If you know a way to acquire handicapped parking stickers without being handicapped, would you let me know?

Much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment