About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

we love movies

Darren and I see a lot of movies. We both love the theater experience. Popcorn, yum. Raisinetts, yummier. Popcorn with Raisinetts in it? The best.

How quickly I am distracted by food. Moving on...


I have saved every movie stub from every movie Darren and I have ever seen together.

The first movie we ever saw was Live Free or Die Hard while Darren was home on pass in June 2007. The second movie we ever saw was Live Free or Die Hard while Darren was home on pass in June 2007.

Yes, I typed that correctly. Yes, we saw the same movie two nights in a row. I slept through it the second time. Literally stretched out on a couple seats and slept.

Our third movie we saw the day Darren came home from Iraq. His parents and sister were in the cities and we saw The Kingdom with them at the AMC Theater in Roseville.

Don't worry, I'm not going to tell you all of them; only the highlights. There was I Am Legend, which scared the living daylights out of me, on December 16, 2007. I was home on Christmas break. We saw PS I Love You on New Year's Eve 2007.

We saw Fool's Gold twice. It was still funny the second time. Nothing better than Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson.

Definitely Maybe was out Valentine's Day date movie...until we ran into my sister and friend at the movie theater. So we saw it with them instead.

We watched Marley and Me on Christmas Day with his family. They have a tradition of going to see a movie that day. Marley and Me was okay...if you wanted to cry on Christmas Day.

Australia was less than a hit. The only thing I remember from that movie is the phrase "I will sing you to me." It's somewhat of a joke now.

We saw Defiance in Duluth two days after our wedding, while we were on our honeymoon. Talk about a long and depressing movie.

The last movie we saw was Surrogates last Friday. I don't recommend it.

All in all, we've seen 51 movies over the past two years. That's about a movie every other week. Like I said, we love movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment