About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Friday, November 27, 2009

the best thing about December

One year for Christmas my parents bought us three kids an advent calendar. Every day we'd open the little box and discover a wonderful treat.

It was the best Christmas ever.

No, not really. In fact, I don't even remember what Christmas it was, or how old I was at the time. But I do remember that advent calendar.

I decided I want one this year.

I'm all about the countdown to Christmas. I love countdowns. And so what if the chocolate is waxy? I'll still eat it. It's the principle of the thing.

You know the sad part? They are so stinking hard to find. I looked and looked for one last year and I never found one. I decided that this year, if it comes down to it, I'm going to order one off the internet. Target's ad last week had advent calendars on sale but I looked and looked and couldn't find them with the other Christmas candy. It was sad. But I will perservere. I will find a chocolate advent calendar if it kills me. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. They are quite the popular item in Sweden, especially for Christmas. Looks like you now have a reason to come visit Sweden before Christmas arrives.

    ReplyDelete