About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Monday, November 23, 2009

new addition

Since we moved down here I've been looking for a dresser for the hallway. We don't have a ton of space and I thought it would be nice to have a nice big dresser that I could just cram full of stuff. Stuff that I never use.

I'm like that.

I've been looking on Craig's list for ages it seems. About a month ago I found a dresser I thought would work. The space is limited so the dresser needed to be pretty small. The one that I found, while not the most attractive thing in the world, would work.

I emailed the owner and we set up a time to meet, and that Wednesday night Darren and I hauled halfway across the city to pick up this dresser. I called the man when we arrived so he could come out to meet us.

Well, he forgot. He said he'd be there in 10 minutes. I said okay.

In 10 minutes a man came out of the small apartment building. He said, "Are you the people waiting to pick up the dresser?" I said we were, and he said he had just gotten a call from this man and he was going to be another 10-15 minutes. Something about he had grabbed the wrong key. No idea what that meant. So we waited. And we waited. And we waited.

And then we waited some more.

After about 30 minutes of waiting we gave up and left. I was furious, to say the least. The man did arrive about two minutes after we left. He called and apologized, at least, but Darren and I were still mad. It was a huge waste of time.

So I gave up on my dresser for a while. And then, this week, I decided to look again. And man, oh man, was I ever successful.


alternative text


This dresser was half the price and twenty times better looking than the one I didn't get. My husband tried to turn this experience into a lesson on patience, which I summarily ignored.

But yeah, did I ever luck out. I only paid $35 for this. It has some wear on the sides and the top has some bubbling since it's just laminate, but hey, for $35 I didn't care. Also, it's hard to tell from the picture but the doors aren't quite lined up. I'm pretty sure I can fix it, though.

Scratch that. I'm pretty sure my uncle can fix it.

And the best news? The piece is originally from Target. In case I had any doubts in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment