About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Bally's

Darren and I joined Bally's. I was loving the Y but it was just too far of a drive to go work out. And since I had to take 694 I could never go during rush hour. It got to be a hassle. Plus, Bally's is cheaper, so that's nice. I has a pool and hot tub, lots of ellipticals, a running track, and a great selection of weight machines.

I hate it.

Well, I hate going there. Once I'm there it's fine, but getting me over there...good luck. I hate working out; always have, always will.

But I do love the benefits.


So I gained about four pounds in Florida. In one week. What can I say? We ate out every day for lunch AND supper. It happens. In any case, I've pretty much lost all that and am now back to my original goal for the year.

I'm 9.7 pounds away. Yes I know that's more than when I started. I told you: Florida. It took me a month to lose that weight.

It probably would take my husband two days to lose four pounds. The stinker.


Yesterday I hit up the elliptical for 30 minutes and then had the (not so) brilliant idea to run on the treadmill for a while.

My legs weighed five thousand pounds.

And my calves were to the point of cramping.

It was brutal. I hate to run. But I'll probably do it the next time I'm at the gym. One time I ran three miles without stopping.

Don't laugh. That's a big deal for me. I'm NOT a runner.

In any case, I would like to do that again. It's one of my life-long goals, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment