About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Monday, February 15, 2010

my favorite books



The Cubicle Next Door
Siri L Mitchell


Definitely one of my favorite books of all-time. And probably the funniest chick-lit I've ever read.

For real.

It's just THAT good.





From the back cover:

"What if God has more planned for your life than you do?

Jackie Harrison is a civilian who loves her job at the U.S. Air Force Academy. That is, until she is forced to divide her office into cubicles and share the space with a new history instructor, Lt. Col. Joseph Gallagher. A charmer in a flight suit, Joe wants to explore both Colorado and a growing relationship with his new cubicle mate. The office was bad enough, but Jackie's beside herself when Joe shows up in her home and church, even turning her grandmother's weekly bridge game into poker night!

Jackie goes online to vent, but she eventually finds herself admitting her conflicting feelings about this office neighbor who drives her crazy and makes her heart flutter. But when her blog--The Cubicle Next Door--is featured on TV, everyone begins to read it, including Joe. Will he figure out the anonymous confessions and frustrations are written about him? And how will Jackie ever express her heart offline?

This tale of limited work space, hidden identity, and cyber confessions is for anyone who has ever longed to be themselves and to find a life beyond cubicle walls."


I read this book several years ago and I've re-read it probably about four times. I love this book. I hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment