About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Friday, February 5, 2010

my favorite movies

Some years ago I bought the book In Her Shoes.

I never read it.

The same day I bought In Her Shoes I also bought the book Asking for Trouble.

I did start that one, but I never finished it.

Ironically, several years later I went to see the movie The Wedding Date. During the opening credits I see "based on the book Asking for Trouble." I knew the storyline sounded familiar...

Then, later that very same year In Her Shoes was made into a movie as well. I just thought you might want to admire the irony of the situation.
But, moving on.

While The Wedding Date is a good chick-flick, as chick-flicks go, it is In Her Shoes that makes my list of favorite movies of all time.

In Her Shoes is about two sisters, Rose and Maggie. Rose is plain and practical. Maggie is good-looking and fun-loving.

It sort of reminds me of me and my sister. A little bit. Not in a bad way, but I mean, come on. If you've seen this movie and if you know my sister and me at all, you can see where I might get that idea.

Anyway, it's a great movie about sisters. If you don't have one you probably won't understand. There isn't anyone in the world who can take the place of a sister.

You'll laugh, you'll cry, and then when it's over you'll call your sister just to talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment