About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

parmesan-encrusted chicken

A couple weekends ago my in-laws were here and we went to Noodles & Co. for lunch.

I had the Parmesan-Encrusted chicken over buttered egg noodles.

My life will never be the same.


As with all my favorite restaurant foods, I turned to the internet for the recipe. And, as luck would have it, I found one from Noodles & Co. themselves.

So, prepare to be amazed. Prepare to have chicken like you've never had chicken before. Prepare to list parmesan-encrusted chicken over buttered egg noodles as one of your favorite foods of all time.


Start with egg noodles. Like you couldn't figure that out. Go ahead and get your water boiling.

alternative text

Now here is where there are supposed to be about three more pictures of me mixing ingredients and battering the chicken, but I was too busy cooking to take pictures, so you'll just have to pretend.

You'll need:

-4 chicken breasts, thawed and rinsed
-1 tbsp oil
-1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
-1/2 cup bread crumbs
-1 cup flour, divided
-1 tbsp Italian seasoning
-1/2 cup cream
-salt and pepper to taste

Mix 1/2 cup flour with the parmesan, bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper. (The recipe I found online is actually double this, but that was WAY too much for four chicken breasts.)

Place the other 1/2 cup flour and 1/2 cup cream in two separate bowls. Dredge chicken in flour (and I have no idea what 'dredge' means, I just rubbed it in there real good), then dip in milk, and finally coat with breading.

Heat oil in cast iron skillet. Cook breaded chicken over medium heat, 1-2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Place entire skillet in 350 degree preheated oven until chicken is done. Let rest before slicing.


alternative text

If you don't have a cast iron skillet, use any other oven-safe pan. Or you would probably be fine just cooking the whole thing on the stove top. I don't see why that wouldn't work just as well.

Also, don't be afraid to let your chicken get a little dark. I ate that lighter piece on the left and it wasn't so good. The batter should get a little crispified and not be mushy. Some of these pieces might look a little done but they tasted the best.

You probably should have started your noodles by now.

alternative text



After you drain the noodles scoop a big chunk of butter in the pan and make sure the noodles get nice and slippery. Believe me, you do not want to skimp on the butter.

Top with chicken. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment