About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Discourse on Rhubarb

I love rhubarb.

If you've never had rhubarb, or don't even know what it is, you're missing out.

It's pretty much too late for this year, unless you can find some that hasn't gone to seed. I believe I did pick rhubarb one year that had gone to seed already, and no harm came of it. Darren and I went out to his grandparent's last weekend and picked a bunch. (They chop off the seed part when it starts to come up and it all grows another round then.) We have 15 cups frozen and we used 5 cups to make a batch of rhubarb jam. Yummy.

Here are my three favorite rhubarb treats with links to the recipes:
Delectable Rhubarb Pie

If I weren't already married, I think I would marry rhubarb.

No comments:

Post a Comment