About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Gotta Love the Co-op

I live about 15 minutes away from a Co-op. I finally went for the first time last weekend with one of my friends.

It was amazing.

The Co-op smells delicious and has lots of yummy treats. And it's CHEAP.




I got all these goodies for $34.93 last weekend.


I got 12.5oz of Parmesan cheese for $4.20. I love Parmesan on chicken fettuccine alfredo, which I made last night.

Twelve ounces of cheese sticks (which hubby likes in his lunch) were $1.76.

I got a pound (16oz) of almonds ($3.90; Planters are $6-something for 12 oz), pecans ($3.95), sunflower seeds ($1.40), and cocktail peanuts ($1.45). The pecans and cocktail peanuts are for baking. Darren takes almonds in his lunch and we have sunflower seeds on our salads.



I got these cinnamon sticks for $0.16 (1 oz) and the lemon peel for $0.75 (1.5 oz). The pickling spice was $1.06 for 3 oz. That black stuff is wild rice. It was my most expensive purchase at $5.50 for 1 pound. I have no idea how much it is elsewhere.

I also got two pounds of bread flour for $0.55. I made some foccacia bread. Someday when I have a tripod and a different camera lens I will show you how I create such deliciousness.



I got some organic lime juice (because I don't have limes on hand very often) for $2.19 for 12.5 oz.


"Put the lime in the coconut and drink 'em both up..."

No comments:

Post a Comment