About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Thursday, July 23, 2009

garage sale goodies

My grandma had a garage sale today. I stopped by first thing this morning so I could get all the "good stuff." And boy oh boy, did I ever get some fun things.


I got a lot of Christmas ornaments, which is perfect because we didn't have any. We have twinkle lights left over from the wedding, but no ornaments. I love big colorful ornaments, don't you?



Christmas is my favorite holiday. I love the lights and the colors. And everyone is always so happy and cheerful.


I especially like this blue tree...



But not as much as I love this red pine cone...



And definitely not as much as I love this cute little boot.



And I love this big blue ball even more than I love the tree, the pine cone, and the boot. How could you not love this?! It's the size of a cantaloupe, I swear to you. I have no idea what I'll do with it, but I couldn't resist.



What cute votive candle holders! How festive are they?!


These are some lovely golden bows.

Check out these funky ornaments. I love the odd ones. 'The crazier, the better' is my motto.



This one reminds me of a candy cane. I always love the idea of candy canes during Christmas, but when it comes right down to actually eating one, I can't do it. I eat the top curve off and I've had enough peppermint for the whole month of December.



This one reminds me of the Taj Mahal. Don't ask me why.


I get kind of an Orient vibe from this one too. But hey, that's okay. Can you believe I got all this Christmas stuff for $1.95? I love garage sales.


As far as non-Christmas items go, I got some smaller Tupperware containers. Very convenient because I was just talking to my mom this morning about how I wanted some smaller ones.



The world is ironic like that.

I also got another set of measuring cups, of which I neglected to take a picture.

Does that sentence sound weird? I did have "which I neglected to take a picture of" but I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to end a sentence with the word "of." It's very important to me that I be grammatically correct in all things.

Ah haha...at least I amuse myself.



I got a small vase for $0.25...


...because I only have this vase.


We got it for a wedding present. It's a beast.

Do you know how many flowers I would need to have to fill it?



Way more than my husband will buy me.

Although there was that one time he bought me two dozen roses...but that was before we were married. Those kinds of things don't happen 'round these parts any more.


I got some fun jewelry. I never wear yellow gold, but I thought I could probably start for the low price of $0.25. Although I'm sure it's not real gold.




I love this blue stone.


And this cute little row of diamonds.


And I LOVE this brooch. I have a black, white, and gray scarf that is perfect for it.

Oh, do I ever wish for a new camera lens so my close-ups would be in focus. You will just have to put up with slightly out-of-focus pictures until that blessed day arrives.


And DISHES!




We don't have any plates. Well we do, but they aren't ours. They were in the house when we moved in, and now that we're moving in five weeks we need to buy our own. I got 12 of these plates for $5.00. I did originally plan on getting Corelle, but my husband says they're too "flimsy." He wants big, sturdy, manly plates. Well, these plates are sturdy, at least.

And 15 cups and saucers for $5.00. Great bargain, although I'm sure Darren won't be crazy about the flower pattern.


He can learn to live with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment