About Me

My photo
I have two kids - a girl and a boy - and live in north-central Minnesota, land of snow and ice. Well, for 9 months of the year, that is. I work full-time for a local government, and on my "free time" I enjoy cooking, baking, hanging out with my kiddos, and RELAXING.

Friday, July 10, 2009

the spice of life

When I was in Virginia a month ago we went to a Farmer's Market. The spices were dirt cheap so I bought just a ton of them. And now my cupboards are having issues. Maybe I got a little carried away... I ordered a spice rack and jars online because NO STORE has empty spice racks. I kid you not. I checked Herberger's, Kohl's, Target, WalMart...empty spice racks do not exist. Mmm...I love my spice rack. It's so pretty. And I love lemon poppy seed muffins. So does my husband. He just doesn't know it yet.

Sesame seeds...I also love sesame seed buns. Not that I will make my own, but at least now I have the option. I'm a fan of possibilities.

Don't get me started on chili. And cornbread muffins. Dripping with butter and honey. Oh baby...


Rosemary leaves. I make a mean foccacia bread with these bad boys. I just need a mortar and pestle to grind them. A spoon in a glass bowl is not the same.


Bay leaves. I would like to make french onion soup someday. I have a recipe. I have the dutch oven. And now I have the bay leaves. I only need the time. And six onions.


I love a good twice-baked potato. My friend gave me a recipe for some delicious potatoes using these chives.


I use this parsley on garlic toast and those yummy potatoes I was telling you about. UPDATE 7/15: This is not parsley. It's cilantro. Lord only knows what I was thinking. I was confused by their identical good looks (yes, I meant to say good). Thank heaven I have labels. But I love cilantro too. I use it in my mother-in-law's homemade salsa. Yum.


Meat would not taste good without Lawry's. It goes on everything.

And, the pièce de résistance...

Mexican Vanilla.


My life would be incomplete without Mexican Vanilla.

Don't even try to give me that imitation nonsense.

I'm all about the Vanilla Pura.

No comments:

Post a Comment